DURATION: 2 HRS
This is an introductory module to familiarize students with what rhetoric is and what is its connection with writing.
At the end of this module, the students will be able to:
- Understand how rhetoric and writing is related.
- Understand why rhetoric is important in writing.
The topics to be covered in this module include:
- Reading different definitions of rhetoric from classical to the present.
- Using rhetoric in writing.
- Pre-recorded lectures
- Videos and other audio/visual media
ONLINE VIDEO LINKS
- Handouts prepared by the instructor and sharable material from different sources.
To understand the significance of rhetoric in writing, the students will write speeches to see how rhetoric works.